"My wife and I have been taking gites in Normandy and Brittany for the last thirty years and without any doubt we rate yours the best we have ever stayed in. We certainly would like to go back next year!” Mr and Mrs C, Lancashire
Comfort and attention to detail are all important at Le Clos. Furnishings are comfortable throughout with many antique pieces. Pictures and ornaments all add to the French charm and homeliness of the house. Please view the photographs on the home page.
- Large Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and WC
- Twin bedroom – beds may be moved together
- Small double bedded room ( please note 120cm bed) with cot (sheets not provided for cot)
- Shower room with multi-jet hydromassage jets and WC
- Well equipped fully fitted oak kitchen including dishwasher and microwave
- Dining area – farm house table with eight chairs and high chair opening onto terrace area
- Downstairs WC and utility room with washing machine
- Large beamed lounge with woodburner (wood provided) and sofa bed
- Large garden area with children’s swings and monkey rope.
We hope you enjoy viewing the property using the photo tool on our home page.
Within the bookcase there are several books on the vast range of wildlife that you may see in the area and possibly from Le Clos, Normandy in the Second World War (in English and French) and various paperbacks in French and English.
There is also a gent’s mountain bike, a selection of toys and games, beach games, a boules set and a table football game.
Fleury, about a mile away, offers a bakery, garage, café / restaurant and tennis court. Villedieu-les-Poêles, a five minute drive away, offers all you would expect from a medium sized town including a supermarket and indoor swimming pool.
The practical side of things!
We aim to ensure that Le Clos has the basic things you need without wondering what to bring and what you might miss! So, in addition to cutlery, crockery, glasses and cooking utensils you will also find limited supplies of the following:
Salt, pepper, sugar, toilet rolls, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, soap, bin bags, cleaning materials, matches and candles (for emergency use only please).
You will also find two pillows per person, a fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, an iron, ironing board, pegs with washing line to rear, an electric kettle, TV, DVD player with a small selection of DVDs, CD player, radio, a portable BBQ and pen and paper.
Comprehensive details regarding the operation of appliances and heating systems are in the information folder to be found in the house.